I get a lot of people asking me what I have in my makeup bag in my purse. My answer is always… “It depends”. It depends on whether I have my everyday purse or my night out purse. So I thought I would just show you what I have in both of them.
Let’s start with my everyday purse. I keep things in there that I might need at any given moment. Say I’m at the gym and I have to go somewhere right after, or I’m out runnin’ errands and I realize that I have to go somewhere where I don’t want to look like a zombie. Sometimes I just wanna do a little touch up on the makeup I already have on. Whatever the case I put these things in my makeup bag to make sure that I’m covered no matter the occasion:
1. Rosebud Salve: I’ve talked about this product in a few posts. It’s great for moisturizing my lips and it can add a nice, subtle glossy look if I need it.
2. Stila Major Lash Mascara: Mascara should be in everyones makeup bag! Sometimes just a few swipes of your favorite brand is all you need to look made up.
3. Almay Concealer: Its a great concealer and it’s shape and size are perfect for taking up little space in my bag.
4. Laura Mercier Foundation Powder in No. 5: If I want something a little heavier than a tinted moisturizer, this works wonders!
5. M.A.C. Paint in Base Light: Unfortunately I don’t think they make these any more, but its perfect for a nice wash of highlight on my eyelids.
6. NYX Mega Shine Lipgloss in Smokey Look: This is such a versatile lipgloss. It gives great color to bare lips and can add a little drama if put over a lip liner or even concealer.
7. Smashbox O Glow: It is a great way to add color to my cheeks without having to bring a powder blush and a brush.
8. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer: A great way to even out my skin tone if I haven’t put makeup on before I left the house.
9. Shiseido Eyelash Curler: The best eyelash curler on earth! If it works on my eyelashes, then you know it must be amazing.
10. Compact Mirror: I got this cute little compact in Paris! Its my favorite and it is very thin so it doesn’t take up too much space.
11. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Eyeliner Pencil in Zero: Just in case I want to take my look from day to night. I can apply it to my lower waterline or line my upper lash line and smudge it for a smokey look.
12. Urban Decay Primer Potion: Just in case I wanna add a little color to my eyes, this will ensure it doesn’t go anywhere,
13. Stila Stay All Day Liquid Eyeliner: Sometimes I might have to add a little drama so this is perfect for a winged liner, which always does the trick.
14. Urban Decay Urban Glow Cream Highlight in Sin: I LOVE this product, I apply it to my upper cheek bones (and sometimes my brow bone) for an amazing glow.
15. M.A.C. Brow Set in Beguile: Keeps my eyebrows looking neat.
16. CHANEL Illusion D’Ombre Eyeshadow in Emerveille’: This is one of my favorite products. Its an amazing color and so easy to apply if I want some eyeshadow.
Night Out Bag
Now for my night out purse, I carry a much smaller makeup bag. Sometimes, depending on how small my purse is, I don’t carry an extra makeup bag at all. I just put a few things I need in my purse. Here is what I usually have with me when I’m out on the town:
1. M.A.C. 217 Brush: Its a perfect brush to touch up most parts of your makeup if you need it.
2. Shadow Palette: I like to add at least two eyeshadows that I used. It makes it easier to freshen up my eyes if they’ve gotten out of control. I usually use primer potion before I put on any shadow, which works amazing for keeping it in place. This is just in case I need more color.
3. Lara Mercier: For when I get oily or sweaty (from dancing my a$$ off). It also has a mirror for touch ups.
4. Shideido Eyelash Curler: As you can see, I never leave home without it.
5. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eyeliner Pencil in Zero: I usually have liner in my water line, which you almost always have to reapply.
6. NYX Mega Lip Shine in Smokey Look: I prefer lip gloss to lipstick on most days. I usually do a pretty neutral lip so this is a perfect color for that. If I wear a lipstick, I will bring that instead.